Castle 1717 1Y Sensored Motor - 1260Kv
The Castle 1717-1260KV motor is a 4-POLE 12-SLOT design that boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT. This motor is a blast from the past with the added benefit of sensored capabilities! It is the perfect upgrade for any 1/6th scale vehicles weighing up to 20 lbs and running up to 8s LiPo; it is also a great upgrade for drivers looking for a reliable, high torque 8s motor for their 1/8th scale vehicles.
NOTE: The 1717-1260kv has a lower wattage/power rating compared to the 1717-1650kv; as such the 1260kv will run hotter than the 1650kv when geared for the same speed. For higher power applications (IE speed and drag setup), the 1717-1650kv is preferred with appropriate gearing.
- Running modes include SmartSense™ Sensored and an ultra-efficient Sensorless mode.
- High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with High-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions.
- Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible.
- Our proprietary winding techniques allow us to produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor.
- Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs.
Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. RC enthusiasts love pushing their equipment to the edge. The Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction of our motor required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the HIGHEST EFFICIENCY possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability. We wouldn’t put our name on anything less.
- Minimum Input Voltage : 3S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 8S
- Sensored Capable : Yes
- Recon G6 Certified Motor : No
- ROAR Certified Motor : No
Application: Ideal for 1/6 scale vehicles up to 9kg running 6s – 8s LiPo; it is also a great upgrade for drivers looking for a reliable, high torque 8s motor for their 1/8th scale vehicles. Examples include Losi LST2-E; Traxxas: E-Maxx™, E-Revo™, UDR™, Summit™; Redcat Shredder™Specs:
- Max Weight: 9kg
- Input Voltage: 3s-8s
- Kv: 1260
- Max RPM: 56,000
- Length: 85.1mm
- Diameter: 47.6mm
- Weight (with wires): 597.6g (548g without wires)
- Shaft Size: 5mm
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25.4mm
- Running Modes: SmartSense™ Sensored and an ultra-efficient Sensorless mode
- Cooling Fan: N/A
- Connectors: 6.5mm
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control. We recommend Mamba Monster X 8S
- Product Use Statements: Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the the motor or ESC. Do not use mounting screws that extend more than 5mm into the front of the motor. Using too long of a screw can result in damage to the motor's windings and will not be covered by the warranty.
: The 1717-1260kv has a lower wattage/power rating compared to the 1717-1650kv; as such the 1260kv will run hotter than the 1650kv when geared for the same speed. For higher power applications (IE speed and drag setup), the 1717-1650kv is preferred with appropriate gearing.
The 1717-1260Kv is a water resistant design. The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. We recommend applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.