MONSTER 2 1/8TH 25V ESC WATERPROOF WITH SENSORED 2200KV MOTORBrute Power and Sheer Stamina!
Mamba Monster 2 is capable of 2S LiPo to a maximum of 6S LiPo. It's also waterproof*, so you can run your vehicle across the morning dew, through soggy snow, or just about anywhere else you’d be interested in running a 1/8 scale RC buggy or truck. It features an easy-access case allowing you to replace fans quickly, if necessary. Additionally, Mamba Monster 2 features solder posts, so changing battery wire length and direction is simple for an even more custom install.
- Waterproof : Yes
- Telemetry Capable : No
- Data Logging : No
- Auxiliary Wire : No
- Minimum Input Voltage : 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 6S
- Sensored Capable : No
This combo includes the Mamba Monster 2 controller and the Castle 1515-2200Kv sensored** motor, which features:
- High quality oversized NMB bearings
- Sintered neodymium magnets
- Superior electromagnetic design
- Replaceable motor wires via Gold-Plated Solder Tabs
The included 1515-2200kv sensored** motor is intended for up to 6s operation in vehicles weighing less than 6.8 kg.Package Includes:
- Mamba Monster 2 Electronic Speed Controller
- 1515-2200kv sensored** brushless motor
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet
*Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
** Sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Mamba Monster 2. If you require sensored operation you will need a sensored ESC like the Mamba Monster X. The Mamba Monster X paired with the same motor can be found here.
- Input Voltage Range - MIN: 2S LiPo - MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications - Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30 mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size - Length: 53 mm - Width: 49 mm - Height: 36.4 mm
- Weight (with no battery connector): 111 g
- Connectors: 6.5 mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required; Deans Ultra Plugs, Traxxas Power Connectors, E-Flite EC5, or 6.5mm Castle Connectors are recommended.
- Product Use Statements: *Although Mamba Monster X and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, they are not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Recommended Motors: Combo includes Neu-Castle 1515 2200Kv: Max Cells: 6s Lipo or 16 NiMH
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 15 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 6.8kg with batteries, ready-to-run
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Mamba Monster X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1/8:th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our CCBULLET 6.5 mm, Castle 6.5 mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors or T-Plugs
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo; MAX: 6S LiPo (see Application Guidelines below)
- Kv: 2200
- Max. RPM: 60,000
- Motor Size - Length: 75.18 mm - Diameter: 39.98 mm
- Shaft size - Diameter: 5 mm - Length: 20 mm
- Weight (w/wires): 452.2 g
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 screw holes @ 25.4 mm spacing
- Cooling Fan: No, but available as optional accessory
- Connectors: 6.5 mm male bullets.
- Items Needed for Operation: N/A
- Product Use Statements: N/A
- Application Guidelines: The ESC and motor are intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation. Incredible in monster trucks with up to 6S LiPo packs (4S LiPo is the sweet spot), and works great in 1/8th buggies and truggies and on road as well. (vehicle weight limit is 15 lbs or less, with batteries ready-to-run).
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 6.8 kg (with batteries, ready to run)
- Tech Notes: Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 82°C on the the motor or ESC.
- Water Resistant Design: Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
Castle Link Compatible
With the Castle Link USB Programming Kit you can use your Windows™ PC to easily program your controller. Adjustable settings include:
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Throttle curve
- Braking curve
- Drag brake
- Auto LiPo cutoff
- Punch control
- Reverse type
- Motor type
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode capability
- Download and view data logs using the built-in Graph Viewer
- Ability to save setup profiles for later use